Selecting a real estate partner that you are comfortable with, that has the proven expertise you need, can be an overwhelming process.
Last year there was a record increase in real estate agent numbers, and in September last year there were officially more salespeople in New Zealand than houses to buy!
So, how do you choose the right partner?
We encourage our potential clients to be as inquisitive as possible. We want them to be certain that we’re the best agents for them. And whether it’s your 1st or 21st property sale, it’s a good idea to get as much information as possible from the agents you meet with.
The below questions might help you identity the right partner for you, feel free to use these in your own search:
1. What do you think the stand-out features of this property are?
2. What do I need to do, if anything, to ensure I can achieve maximum sales price?
3. Who do you think the buyer is for this property?
4. How will you help my property stand out from all the others?
5. What experience do you have in this part of the market? (e.g in this location, at this price point)
6. How will we work together; when will I hear from you, and what sort of reporting will I receive?
7. What happens if our sales method isn’t working?
8. What can you do for me that other agents can’t?
And when you’ve finished your research, remember the best thing you can do is to trust your gut!
At Cashmores, our hope is that you have complete confidence in the process, and even have some fun along the way. They key to creating this open and enjoyable partnership is to ensure you know what to expect, and feel secure that you’re in safe hands. We’re ready to answer any questions you have about the process – just give us a call. And let’s have some fun!